Saturday, January 31, 2009

Looking Forward To Saturday Night

There’s something to be said for an unexpected change of plans and the anticipation it creates for rescheduling.

Last weekend, the one-two punch of jetlag and a cold derailed my birthday plans. Tonight, at last, I will get to celebrate the big 3-5 with some of my best gal pals. An added bonus -- the presence of my cousin Chris, in town from Delaware for the weekend.

With just three weeks between us, Chris and I shared some great times growing up. We eventually progressed from teasing each other mercilessly to bonding over the twists and turns of our respective love lives and mutual appreciation for the single life.

I think Chris is probably looking forward to tonight as much as I am -- he’ll be the only guy at our table!

No comments: