Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Memorable Night At The Adrian Awards

Monday night, I joined my Quinn & Co. colleagues for the HSMAI Adrian Awards, a.k.a. the Oscars of hospitality marketing.

All Glammed Up: Dear friend & colleague Carla Caccavale Reynolds and me

Held at NYC’s Marriott Marquis Hotel in Times Square, the black tie event draws 1,000 people from the world of travel promotion. There was plenty to celebrate, as we garnered nine awards, including two for my work on Tourism Queensland’s blockbuster Best Job In The World campaign.

Golden Work: Me standing beside one of my award-winning entries

During the cocktail hour, while enjoying some wine and heavenly Artisanal cheeses, I chatted with co-worker Danielle about her upcoming fall nuptials and possible honeymoon destinations. Danielle is the antithesis of a bridezilla – I hope that I have her calm and cool attitude whenever my turn to walk down the aisle comes.

Renowned USA Today business travel writer and Hotel Check-In blogger Barbara De Lollis kicked off the two-hour awards ceremony, which recognized the crème de la crème of hospitality PR, advertising and web marketing. One of my personal favorites -- a San Diego Zoo ad campaign featuring talking elephants.

Barbara De Lollis: A true travel pro and brilliant blogger

Dinner was exceptional. I’ve attended many functions over the years at the Marquis and can say this was one of the finest meals ever served there. Our delicious three-course dinner featured spinach salad with cambozola blue cheese, pears and wine vinaigrette, melt-in-your-mouth beef tenderloin and a heavenly dessert foursome -- baked chocolate chiboust, caramel slice, bittersweet chocolate sorbet and a chocolate mousse shot.

Best of Show: Me with my Q&C colleagues John Frazier and Florence Quinn, and Tourism Queensland’s Shana Pereira (holding the award)

The icing on the cake, so to speak, came at the night’s end when Best Job took home the night’s top honor, Best of Show. It doesn’t get any better than this, especially when you have wonderful colleagues to share it with.

Coming up…a defense of courtship rituals and a look at the question of whether to settle.

1 comment:

Jill said...

This sounds like a great event - and I didn't even know there was such an award ceremony.

Tres cool!