Tuesday, August 5, 2008

By The Numbers: Take Six

When you have filled as many handwritten journals as I have (93 to be exact), you can’t help but find yourself doing a little nostalgic math from time to time. It’s not uncommon for me to peruse the pages of entries past in order to try and figure out the sum total of where my experiences in life and love have taken me. As part of this ongoing quest, I bring you the latest installment of By The Numbers….

Number of emails from old flames taking up space in my inbox: 190
Number of dates preceding quickest declaration of love from a new beau: 4
Number of times PDA garnered the attention of a New York city cop: 1
Number of diamond bands from old flames donated to charity: 1
Number of soap opera stars with whom I’ve discussed unrequited love: 1

The above-referenced star is talented and remarkably kind actor A Martinez, whose Emmy-winning portrayal of Cruz Castillo on NBC’s now-defunct sudser Santa Barbara stole my heart, launched a friendship that has spanned two decades and led me to two of my dearest friends in the world.

Up next…socializing for a good cause and a top online spa destination.

2 comments:

Pekky said...

Hi Melissa!

I saw your blog in Facebook. I love your writing style. I will come back for more!

Cheers!

Melissa said...

Thanks Pekky! Look forward to hearing more from you and stay tuned.