Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Dazzling House Concert

Earlier this week, I had the great pleasure of hosting an NYC House Concert at my place.

Pre-Concert Smiles: Violinist Clauda Schaer, me and Michael

The ongoing concert series, produced by my friend Michael, features top classical, jazz, and folk musicians performing in homes throughout the New York metropolitan area. Monday’s featured artist was delightful solo violinist Claudia Schaer.

During the pre-concert cocktail hour, I mingled with the lively, interesting crowd of about fifteen people.

Real estate exec and fellow Upper East Sider Nadia and I chatted about the charms of both her native Vancouver. Samsung exec Soo and I had a laugh over the tendency of many Gotham men to try rushing into the bedroom -- especially when I told her the tale of an ex’s best friend who once disrobed without invitation.

First-class Talent: Claudia dazzled everyone with her performance

As soon we all took our seats and the room filled with Claudia’s versatile sounds, I was mesmerized. Her performance of a four-part Bach Sonata followed by a Bartok Sonata were unlike anything I’ve heard.

It’s no wonder Claudia has been the recipient of several international competitions. She is a stunning talent who carries herself with the elegance and poise of a true artist.

Visit Claudia’s website to find out more about her and her upcoming performances. For info about NYC House Concerts, click here.

No comments: