Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Top Five: Best Kisses of All Time

From epic love to a brief fling, all romantic chemistry begins with a kiss. Countless songs and poems have been written about the simple pleasure of a good kiss, a pleasure I’ve been fortunate to experience many, many times over the course of the 20+ years I’ve been dating.

Amidst all the suitors I’ve locked lips with, there are a few whose kisses lingered long after their exit -- kisses that still conjure up a nostalgic smile whenever I think of them. Without further ado, I bring you my Top Five Kisses of All Time…

Number 5 - Under the Stars at Sea: A star-filled sky and the upper deck of a Royal Caribbean ship served as the backdrop for kissing my cruise beau Jimmy.

A perfect place for moonlit kisses:
the top deck of Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the Seas

A handsome Andre Agassi lookalike with a heart of gold, Jimmy and his kisses transported me for three heavenly hours that night and led to a three-month romance that reminded me good guys do exist.

Number 4 - A Kiss Four Years In the Making: For most of my high school years, I had a crush on tall and lanky classmate Jay. After he and a good friend of mine broke up, after he got past his feelings for her best friend, the timing was finally right for us. Curled up on a couch with Jay watching the series finale of “Cheers,” I could literally hear his heart pounding as he worked up the nerve to cross the line from friends to something more. Amazingly, the kiss more than lived up to the four years of foreplay that preceded it.

Number 3 - Rekindling An Old Flame: About a year after ending our fiery, passionate romance, Illinois-born Steve and I found ourselves sitting across from each other at Guastavino’s restaurant. An architectural masterpiece nestled under the Queensboro Bridge with high, vaulted ceilings, Guastavino’s was the perfect setting for rediscovering the palpable attraction between us.

Number 2 - Romance Down Under: For as long as I can remember, I dreamed about having a romantic moment on the beach. Adorable Aussie Jason made that fantasy a reality during an affectionate sunset stroll across Perth’s famous Cottesloe Beach. As I sat beside him on a rock overlooking the water, Jason turned my face toward him and we kissed.

Number 1 - The Kiss of True Love: Is there anything better than the excitement of a first kiss? That excitement was tinged with something more when I shared my first kiss with California native Mark (a.k.a Sparky) during a moonlit Carriage Ride in Central Park. It’s a kiss that still makes me weak in the knees when I remember it.

Like I’ve said before, a good kiss makes you feel like a teenager again. Who needs the fountain of youth?

No comments: