Monday, September 29, 2008

Sunday Afternoon At The Spa

Yesterday, my friend Bobbi and I spent the afternoon at Great Jones Spa. Located in the heart of SoHo, Great Jones Spa (http://www.greatjonesspa.com/) offers an idyllic respite from the hustle and bustle of the Big Apple.

While Bobbi enjoyed a massage, I treated myself to a heavenly facial. During my 60-minute treatment with knowledgeable therapist Maria, I learned the soothing wonders of a honey-based mask and the unwinding power of a well-executed neck and shoulder massage. I emerged from my facial feeling refreshed and wishing I could go makeup-free for good.

Relaxation Haven: The Water Lounge at NYC's Great Jones Spa.

After our treatments, Bobbi and I met downstairs -- the spa has four levels -- in the water lounge. Boasting a three-story indoor waterfall, thermal hot tub and cold plunge pool, as well as a sauna and steam room, the lounge (a complimentary perk when booking a treatment of $100 or more) makes you feel miles away from stress of any kind. Skylights above enhance the relaxation effect.

While kicking back in the water lounge, Bobbi and I shared our thoughts on dating purely for fun (yea) and breast implants (nay), as well as the perils of examining a suitor’s Facebook and/or MySpace profiles. We also decided to make Spa Sundays a more regular tradition. Because you can never have too much pampering, or too much female bonding.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Girlfriends are just the BEST! I just spent an hour & half having breakfast with two of my favorite ones...I love the feeling I have now, refreshed and excited about the day!

And I always love to read about the great places you go....

Melissa said...

Couldn't agree more! I felt invigorated after my spa day, and it had just as much to do with the company as it did with the pampering.

There are so many great places in NYC, discovering new ones is part of the fun. :-)