Monday, January 25, 2010

An 80's Style Birthday Celebration

Saturday night, I headed down to SoHo for a birthday celebration with my cousin Chris and ten of my best galpals.

Happy Birthday: Making a wish over a candle-lit slice of ricotta cheesecake

The evening’s festivities kicked off at Petrarca, an Italian bistro long on great service, delicious pasta and excellent wines. Over a delicious dinner (creamless cauliflower puree soup and risotto with porcini mushrooms for me), we talked about my friend Andrea’s new PR gig and the fun of being flooded with birthday wishes via Facebook.

Girls Night Out: (counterclockwise from right): Leila, Sara, me, Caroline, Rachel and Bobbi at Canal Room

After dinner, we headed over to my favorite NYC nightspot Canal Room, which graciously comped our admission for the show. Performing was my favorite 80’s tribute band, Rubix Kube.

Rubix Kube: Best 80’s tribute band ever

I’ve had the pleasure of seeing Rubix Kube a handful of times and they never disappoint. I was especially excited when keyboardist Rich Forman gave me a birthday shoutout.

What could be better than celebrating with good friends and revisiting the music of your childhood? I found out when I jumped on stage and rocked it out with lead singer Scott Lovelady.

A Little Respect: Rubix Kube’s Scott and I jammed to the 80’s Erasure hit

You can enjoy the sounds of Rubix Kube most Saturdays at Canal Room. The band will also be part of Canal Room’s Help For Haiti benefit concert on Wednesday February 3rd, featuring four tribute bands. Tickets are $20, click here for more info.

1 comment:

Canal Room said...

Glad you enjoyed Rubix Kube at the Canal Room! Tune in to TLC on MONDAY JULY 26th at 9PM EST to see Rubix Kube & Canal Room on a special episode of CAKE BOSS!
EVERY THURSDAY & SATURDAY NIGHT THIS SUMMER YOU CAN BUST A MOVE AT OUR BACK TO THE EIGHTIES SHOW, so come back and bring your friends for a rocking good time :)