Friday, January 8, 2010

A Delightful Dinner At Rue 57

Last night, I met up with London-based longtime family friends Charles and Diane at Rue 57 in Midtown.

Rue 57: One of Midtown NYC’s best bistros

One of my favorite restaurants, Rue 57 serves up an expansive menu of pasta, steak and seafood (including sushi) in an inviting bistro setting. The wait staff is always friendly and swift, the food delicious.

Over a delightful dinner (potato crusted salmon with crimini mushrooms and Barolo sauce for me), we talked about cruise travel, shopping in NYC and the various phases of romance.

Charles and Di will celebrate their 35th anniversary later this year, while their son Kane is in the throes of true love with his girlfriend of eighteen months.

The young lovebirds are navigating the interfaith terrain -- he’s Jewish, she’s Protestant. We all agreed that, as my late and beloved parents demonstrated so beautifully, a religious divide needn’t be an insurmountable obstacle. And that if it is, you tend to know early on (like, for example, the JDate guy awhile back who bolted after 60 minutes upon learning I’m Catholic).

I also shared with Charles and Di my Grand 2010 Plan, and they shared my excitement about what lies ahead during this decade-launching year. Stay tuned for details, including how Single Gal In The City readers will be a big part of the fun.

Coming up…a record-breaking singles event and a Broadway smash gets a cast makeover.

No comments: