Thursday, April 16, 2009

Catching Up With My Soul Sister

Last night, I caught up with my cousin and soul sister Alexandra.

A month had passed since we last got together -- Alexa is busy juggling two jobs and classes toward a degree in music education -- so we were happy to enjoy some quality female bonding time.

We headed around the corner to Beach Cafe, my favorite neighborhood bistro, where we were greeted affectionately by lovable manager and Ricky Martin lookalike Chris.

While enjoying a two-course meal (crab and avocado salad, pork tenderloin) complimented by a heavenly glass of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, I told Alexa we have to start planning our annual girlfriends getaway.

Smiling In Sin City: Alexa and I enjoying a Vegas vacation, November 2007

I also shared my frustration with fruitless online dating and my excitement over a possible reunion with an old flame. She filled me in on Easter with her boyfriend's family and freelance gigs as a makeup artist.

After dinner, we curled up on the couch and watched a classic episode of "Sex And The City" ("Secret Sex"), oohing and ahhing over a very young looking Chris Noth. Like everything else, mooning over Mr. Big is a lot more fun when sharing it with a best friend who just happens to be family too.

1 comment:

Ciel said...

I just loved Sex and the City!
Can't wait for the sequel!!!

For those who missed it! Sex And The City Bloopers:

http://hahaha-havealaugh.blogspot.com/search/label/Bloopers%20Sex%20and%20the%20City