Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Magic Of Children

When it comes to having a so-called biological clock, I’ve often said that mine isn’t even plugged in. The exception to this -- when I’m watching my nephews discover something for the first time.

Holiday Fun: Eddie (left) and Dylan getting ready to decorate Easter eggs

Eddie, 6, and Dylan, 4, are at that stage where every day is a learning adventure -- and every visit with them brings the chance to see the world through their wonder-filled eyes.

I’ve watched them grow from taking their first steps to hearing them give directions on how to get McDonald’s (Dylan is a razor sharp navigator) and when to stop at a red light (Eddie loves being a backseat driver).

Off the road, Eddie and Dylan are great sources of energy, and of course at times, mischief. They’re quite the negotiators, especially when trying to satisfy their sweet tooth or desire for the newest Star Wars lightsaber. I suspect they’ll be front and center at the corporate bargaining table someday, even without the promise of a Happy Meal toy.

I’m looking forward to seeing all of the milestones in the interim. And I’m thankful that, because of them, my biological clock is slowly starting to wind up.

No comments: