Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Very Happy Hour

Friday night, I headed over to Faces And Names Lounge & Bar in Midtown for a very happy hour. The occasion – my friend Amanda completing the first draft of her upcoming book The Lost Girls.

Faces And Names Lounge & Bar: A fun and festive watering hole in Midtown

Amanda and her lovely BFF co-authors Jen and Holly have been hard at work – and in virtual hibernation – for several months on the upcoming memoir, which chronicles their year-long journey around the world.

In addition to catching up with Amanda (and talking about our shared passion for writing), I had the pleasure of getting to know her friend and fellow blogger Dean and his lovely, British-born fiancée Holly. Upon learning she does facials at Great Jones Spa, I raved about the one I enjoyed there last fall. I also mentioned my affinity for British men and she promised to keep me in mind for any eligible bachelors from her side of the pond.

While Dean and Holly filled me in about their August nuptials, happily married Sarah mused about domestic bliss.

Sarah joked that the biggest recent excitement was staying up til 1am with her hubby, talking, having green tea ice cream – and wondering if they would turn into boring people in their old age. If they’re still talking until all hours of the night in twenty years’ time, I said, that sounds anything but boring to me.

Up next...celebrating Earth Day at a swanky downtown soiree and the scoop on my new writing gig.

No comments: