Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Girls Day Out: Midtown East


Tuesday, my friend Bobbi and I enjoyed an afternoon of pampering at Metamorphosis Day Spa in Midtown East.

Hidden away on the fifth floor of an office building, Metamorphosis offers quiet relaxation in a small yet well-outfitted setting. If you’re looking for a full-blown spa experience, though, this isn’t the place for it.

Metamorphosis has only a tiny relaxation room, and there’s no opportunity to unwind in a bathrobe before your treatment. I also had to ask where the shower was -- there’s only one -- so I could rinse off after my massage. That said, the staff is friendly, I thoroughly enjoyed my 50-minute Swedish Massage, and the heated table is a nice touch.

Afterward, Bobbi and I headed over to trendy nearby Italian bistro Serafina. Over a delicious late lunch (the vegetarian lasagna is light and delish), we talked about men who say one thing but do another and our travel plans for 2010.

Bobbi is an avid skier. It’s been about fifteen years since I’ve hit the slopes, so I think I might just have to join her this winter.

Coming up…dinner with a charming restaurateur and ringing in 2010 with The Lost Girls.

No comments: