Sunday, December 6, 2009

Learning To Go With The Flow



For all of the ups and downs that tend to accompany thirtysomething single hood, I’ve recently found myself appreciating one major plus -- learning to go with the flow.

It’s a lesson that’s been a long time coming. I’ve always had a knack for overanalyzing every romance du jour, trying to forecast outcomes by looking for fatalistic signs around every corner.

With my thirty-sixth birthday rapidly approaching, though, and another year of dating experience behind me, I feel a welcome shift in attitude settling in. I trust my instincts more and I have renewed faith that, eventually, things do work out the way they’re supposed to.

Maybe there’s something to the idea of being older and wiser -- especially when it comes to smoothing out those bumps in the road to happily ever after.

No comments: