Thursday, January 29, 2009

Recessionista Find: Jewelry By Saelina

When it comes to being creative, I would definitely say I’m less crafty and more of a wordsmith. Which is why I have a great appreciation for people with artistic talents -- like my good friend Yong’s wife Saelina.

Celebrating the season: Yong, Saelina and I at my holiday soiree last month

Saelina is a mompreneur -- a full-time mom of three who also happens to make jewelry.

Designed to be wearable for both formal and casual occasions, her pieces use rich materials like Swarovski crystals and authentic cultured pearls. I’m a fan of both silver and gold jewelry, so I love that Saelina’s collection includes pieces made of both metals.

Designs by Saelina: This pearl necklace is among the handmade items you’ll find online at Tate and Scout’s Boutique.

You can find more of her fabulous, affordable designs at her online eBay store, Tate and Scout’s Boutique -- named for the middle monikers of Yong and Saelina’s two daughters. Prices start at $20, perfect for any recessionista’s budget.

Coming up…unconventional methods for landing a date and “Dancing With The Stars” the concert!

No comments: