Sunday, July 26, 2009

Getting To Know Chicago

Thursday, I enjoyed an action-packed day in the Windy City that began with a stroll around Navy Pier.

Attracting more than 8 million visitors a year, Navy Pier offers plenty of food, rides and entertainment.

Shiver Me Timbers: Posing with a few friendly pirates at Chicago’s Navy Pier

After posing with a few friendly pirates and catching a glimpse of Budweiser’s visiting Clydesdale horses, I headed over to the dock for Chicago Line Cruises’ 90-minute architectural tour. Chitown’s sleek, sophisticated skyline boasts rich examples of many different styles and our fabulous guide knew about all of them.

Next stop -- the Museum of Science and Industry to take in Harry Potter: The Exhibition. Featuring more than 200 costumes and props from the Harry Potter films, the 10,000 square foot exhibition is as enchanting as the young wizard himself.


What A View: Shantel and me at Terzo Piano

Having indulged the tourist in me, I was happy to make like a local and do dinner with my friend Shantel at one of Chicago’s hottest new restaurants, Terzo Piano. Located at the Art Institute, Terzo Piano delivers delicious, innovative fare in a chic, modern setting.

Shantel and I chose an outdoor table with a stunning view of the skyline and Millennium Park. A producer at Oprah, Shantel told me about her favorite assignments -- touring Sydney with sweetheart Hugh Jackman, working with Jon Bon Jovi and family during the show’s Inauguration coverage.

We also talked about our shared love of Australia, the slightly more laidback energy of Chicago as compared to NYC and the ups and downs of being single gals in big cities. One of the definite perks -- enjoying a girls night out on a glorious summer evening.

I love Chicago.

No comments: