Monday, July 27, 2009

Night Out In Chicago: Hub 51


Thursday, after dinner at Terzo Piano, I headed over to Hub 51, a lively bar, restaurant and nightclub hybrid with a standing room only crowd.

I soon found myself sitting next to P, an adorable entrepreneur in town from D.C. We quickly fell into easy banter as we talked about a mutual affinity for good wine and Harry Potter.

We continued flirting and the hours flew by. I almost forgot I had to get up early the next morning for day one of the BlogHer conference, that’s how effortless and engaging the conversation between us felt.

Eventually, P leaned in to kiss me. I discovered something unfortunate about him when he was thisclose -- bad breath. Talk about a buzz killer.

Still, as I cabbed back to my room at the Sheraton, I couldn’t help smiling. My eventful evening served as a delightful reminder that you never know when or where you’re going to click with someone.

Coming up…girls night out at one of NYC’s swanky rooftop bars and making connections at a good friend’s nuptials.

No comments: