Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Holiday Shopping For A Worthy Cause

Tonight, my friend Cindy and I attended an after hours holiday shopping event at luxe jeweler Judith Ripka on Madison Avenue. The by invitation only event was a benefit for North Shore Animal League, with 10% of sales going to the non-profit humane society.

As Cindy and I browsed the stunning baubles on display -- from teardrop diamond earrings to opal pendants -- we enjoyed Champagne and passed crudités that included mini salmon quesadillas and a tasty eggplant and cream cheese concoction.

I also had the pleasure of catching up with another good friend, veteran PR maven Cyndee. Cyndee and I met years ago, when we were both slogging away as writers working the overnight shift at WNBC-TV here in New York.

PR Gals Night Out: Cyndee and me at Judith Ripka's Holiday Shopping Night for North Shore Animal League

Our paths crossed again after we both found ourselves working in travel PR. She’s one of my most in-the-know single gal pals when it comes to what’s happening in the Big Apple -- and a big sweetheart besides.

Cyndee introduced me to North Shore’s delightful PR manager Dianne, who told me that tonight’s event brought in a few sales. Founded 54 years ago, North Shore Animal League is the largest animal adoption agency in the world, rescuing and adopting nearly 30,000 animal orphans annually.

The league is supported 100% by voluntary donations. I’m looking forward to including them on my holiday gift list -- and to attending more fun events benefiting man’s best friend.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thanks, Susan! Look forward to hearing more from you and hope you'll share my little blog with anyone you think might enjoy my ramblings. :-)