Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Swanky France Tourism Soirée

Last night, I headed down for a cocktail reception at Robert DeNiro’s Tribeca Grill hosted by France Tourism.

Attending swanky events is definitely one of the perks of working in PR and France Tourism knows how to throw a truly first-class affair.

In addition to a generous selection of Champagne and French wines, last night’s reception offered a bountiful spread of cheeses, breads, and passed hors d’oeuvres that included brie cheese encrusted beef, mini potato and cheese strudels along with bite-sized desserts ranging from chocolate concoctions to Tirami Su.

The well-attended soirée featured industry folks from the media and travel agent worlds and gave me the opportunity to catch up with one my favorite new journalist friends -- GoNomad.com blogger and writer extraordinaire Kent St. John.

Memories of Brisbane: Kent and I on the final night of last month’s press trip to Queensland

I also connected with delightful travel & lifestyle writer Jean Tang, just back from a month-long stint in Paris. We quickly bonded over our mutual love for Australia (like me, she spent five months as a Sydney resident) and I told her about my client Tourism Queensland’s exciting Best Job In The World campaign, which has generated worldwide media attention and 11,000+ applicants so far.

Joining us at our lively table were veteran Daily News editor Mila André, travel PR and writing maven Meryl Pearlstein and freelance writer Jeryl Brunner. Conversation flowed freely as we talked about the appeal of mingling at gallery exhibits in NYC and the joys of doing what you love for a living.

One of the biggest joys for me -- regularly encountering smart, talented women as excited as I am about travel, and about living in the world’s greatest city.

No comments: