Monday, February 2, 2009

Unconventional Dating Tactics

A colleague of mine recently told me about Tamara, a fellow single New Yorker, and her new blog chronicling her quest to go on 31 dates in as many days. Her clever idea got me to thinking about unconventional tactics for meeting the opposite sex -- and how inspiration for finding some of your own often comes from the most unexpected sources.

Single New York Female: This 31-year-old journalist is keeping busy with 31 dates in 31 days

Having always been a pretty outgoing person, I’m no stranger to being adventurous about broadening my romantic horizons.

Along with trying non-traditional venues (speed dating, Match.com, etc.) before they became mainstream, I’ve consulted a matchmaker (though I balked at her $11,000 introductory fee) and posted a “Lady In Waiting” ad on my building’s bulletin board.

When you live in a competitive dating marketplace like New York, thinking outside the box can go a long way towards increasing both the number of men you meet and the odds that you’ll click with one of them.

Tamara’s dating marathon has inspired me to get back out there and redefine what it means to be 35 and single in the Big Apple.

What’s the most unusual approach you’ve tried to land a date? Let me know and I just might give it a try myself!

No comments: