Sunday, March 29, 2009

Another Big Encounter

Over the years, I’ve run into actor Chris Noth (a.k.a Mr. Big on Sex and The City) on more than one occasion.

Back in ‘04, I met him for the first time when we were both working up a sweat at Crunch gym on NYC’s Upper East Side. In the fall of 2007, I joined a crowd of female fans in the East Village swooning over Chris during the SATC movie shoot. And in November, I met a very cranky, somewhat unkempt Chris briefly after his engaging performance in “Farragut North.”

Last night, I had the pleasure of my fourth Big encounter, catching Chris just as he was leaving the GLAAD Media Awards (more to come on the event itself) at NYC’s Marriott Marquis hotel.

Chris Noth And Me: Is he gorgeous or what?!

As I approached him, he dashed past me, saying--

“Sorry, Sweetie, I’m in a hurry.”

Then, much to my surprise and delight, he turned around and motioned me over for a quick picture.

I was happy to see Chris back to his handsome, pre-Farragut self -- and to catch him in in a friendly mood. He’s not one to schmooze if he doesn’t feel like it.

Cranky or not, the hunky actor seems to get better with age. I can’t wait to see him on the, ahem, big screen again in SATC 2.

No comments: