Monday, March 30, 2009

Global Traveler's Fifth Anniversary Bash

Thursday night, I joined a handful of my Quinn & Co. colleagues as guests at Global Traveler’s swanky fifth anniversary party.

Held at the Renaissance Hotel in Times Square, the event had everyone enraptured with stunning 360 degree views. All the single ladies in the house agreed that, if your guest list is on the smaller side, there could be no better spot for a quintessentially Gotham wedding.

What A View: Times Square is what you see in 360 at NYC’s Renaissance Hotel

Equally enchanting -- the sounds of a keyboard player and cellist and a tasty selection of hors d’oeuvres including quail with fried egg, mini fish and chips and even cookies and milk (shots).

I had the chance to catch up with GT Editor in Chief Lisa Matte, and was happy to hear her upcoming visit to Q&C client Hilton Arc de Triomphe Paris will coincide with her 50th birthday.

In the small world department, I found myself standing next to Daryl, a charming event planner from Toronto, my hometown for four years as a teenager. We gushed about the city’s recent exponential growth, and Darryl promised me a night on the town next time I’m up north.

Fellow travel PR maven Andrea and I shared our excitement about scoring tickets to U2’s one night only show at Giants Stadium in September. Andrea was double booked, heading from the GT soiree to a season finale party for “RuPaul’s Drag Race.”

She invited me to join her, but I too had another commitment -- a date with an old flame who, despite geography, still has a special place in my heart.

No comments: