Sunday, May 3, 2009

Girls Night Out: SoHo

Last night, my cousin Alexandra and I enjoyed an evening of pampering and good food down in SoHo.

Great Jones Spa: The perfect place to unwind

We met up at Great Jones Spa, an oasis of relaxation that makes you forget you’re in NYC. After getting massages, we enjoyed the steam room and Jacuzzi in the spa’s Water Lounge. Heavenly.

For dinner, we headed up the block to an inviting bistro on Lafayette Street with rustic charm and lots of candles.

Over a delicious meal (grilled shrimp, shaved fennel and orange salad, brick oven margherita pizza for me, chilled tomato soup and rigatoni in cream sauce for Alexa), we talked about the allure of old flames and the restorative powers of travel.

As I was reminded during my recent business trip to the USVI, there’s nothing like a change of scenery -- especially one that involves sun, sand and sea -- to make you feel recharged and ready to take on whatever awaits back home.

Though my upcoming getaways (Kansas City and, hopefully, London) will be of the urban variety, I’m eagerly anticipating them as well.

Up next…a review of "Blithe Spirit" and a little online exposure for my professional and personal pursuits.

No comments: