Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Kansas City Getaway: Part Two

My weekend in Kansas City with best galpal Lisa continued on Saturday, with a visit to Briarcliff Village.

An upscale shopping and restaurant complex set on a hill, Briarcliff is home to The Spa Tuscano, where Lisa treated me to a heavenly facial.

Spa Tuscano: First class pampering in the City of Fountains

I felt relaxed right away, thanks to a warm welcome from Tuscano’s friendly staff.

We were given a quick tour of the spa, which boasts signature rooms such as the Amazon RiverWalk (pictured above and featuring a fireplace, whirlpool and massage table) and the Tuscano Float, offering flotation therapy. Complimentary with all services – the European Bath Ritual, a haven of jetted pools with faux cliffs and waterfalls.

After unwinding robe-clad for a few minutes in the Ana Capri Lounge, I was whisked into a treatment room by the lovely Diane.

Sixty minutes later, my skin was exfoliated, toned and moisturized – and, if I do say so myself, positively glowing. I briefly contemplated leaving my pores in peace and never wearing makeup again.

Diane spoke with great affection for my hometown, quipping at the end of my facial—

“We’re not New York, we’re just Kansas City!”

When it comes to first class pampering, KC more than holds its own with the Big Apple. Lisa and I are already planning a return visit to Spa Tuscano next time I’m in town.

No comments: