Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Weekend Event Pick: Unforgettable Fire Returns

As I’ve mentioned before, one of my favorite live music venues is NYC’s Canal Room in Soho. And one of the best cover bands I’ve ever seen there, Unforgettable Fire, is making another appearance on Saturday, May 9th.

Unforgettable Fire (UF) is one of the longest-running U2 cover bands


I had the pleasure of seeing the U2 tribute band last fall. Like the rest of the standing room only crowd, I got swept up by UF’s electrifying performance – and lead singer Tony Russo’s uncanny resemblance to Bono.

UF knows how to put on a slickly produced show, with video montages and a frenetic mix of both classic and current U2 hits. I can’t think of a better warm up for U2’s upcoming 360 tour – which I’ll be seeing twice at Giants Stadium in September!

Tickets to this Saturday’s UF show are $18 in advance ($20 at the door) and UF will be performing with Grammy-nominated Reggae singer Pato Banton. For more info, visit http://www.canalroom.com/.

No comments: