Thursday, June 4, 2009

Catching Up With My Brother

Last Friday, I headed over to the Crowne Plaza hotel in Times Square for drinks and dinner with my brother Andrew, visiting from Houston.

Andrew and me at my Women Rule party, November 2005

A 40-year-old entrepreneur (and former New Yorker) who often schmoozes with movers and shakers from all walks of life, Andrew is a man with many great stories. Over cocktails, he recalled the time he found himself sharing a car with Fergie and Maroon 5 because he’s good friends with Fergie’s driver.

Awhile back, a random night out with actor Jim Carrey and his bodyguard landed all of them in the New York Post’s infamous Page Six gossip column. Andrew and I laughed about the time he refuted my skepticism about his acquaintanceship with Carrey – by having the actor show up to wish me a happy birthday over drink’s at Merchant’s on NYC’s Upper East Side.

Like Carrey, Andrew has had a longstanding penchant for blonde starlet types. Which is why I was pleased to hear that his new ladyfriend is career-minded (she works for an architectural firm) and seems to have a good head on her shoulders.

Equally impressive, that he’s only been back in the Big Apple a few weeks and has already managed to find a semi-significant other. Then again, he’s quite the charmer. After only one night at the hotel, he was on a first name basis with the waitstaff.

Andrew and I have always had lots of fun together. We share a passion for this great city and for making the impossible happen. I’m hoping he sticks around for awhile – and, of course, that he introduces me to some of his single friends.

No comments: