Monday, June 8, 2009

Friday Night Out With An Old Flame

Friday, my old flame Steve and I braved the downpour to enjoy a night out in Times Square.

Our first stop was The Perfect Pint, a lively pub with charming bartenders who know how to mix a great cosmo. Steve filled me in about potential work-related travels in his future (Europe, the Middle East), which got us to talking about our mutual affinity for Sydney. I admitted that if Sydney was situated a little closer to home, it would be hard to resist the urge I felt back in January to move there again.

Saju Bistro: One of my favorite French restaurants in NYC. Delicieux!

Next, we walked over to French bistro Saju, where we shared a sublime plate of escargots in garlic and butter sauce and I enjoyed skirt steak cooked to perfection with pomme frites. Saju never disappoints, serving with panache French provencal fare so authentic that I wasn’t surprised to hear the couple next to us speaking en Français.

Over dinner, we talked about the enduring appeal of “Sex And The City,” and Steve laughed when I told him I only started watching the show during its sanitized TBS run. We agreed that, of the fabulous four, Samantha was the most over the top and the one we’d be least likely to share a cocktail with. After all, there’s only so much risqué talk you can take.

Up next…Tony Award winner Geoffrey Rush dazzles in “Exit The King,” and a friend makes the case for Botox.

No comments: