Friday, June 26, 2009

An Exhilarating Second Date

Monday night, I went on a second date with Rich, an adorable, engaging cop I met on Match.com.

A month had elapsed since our first date. Why? After Rich’s follow up call, he never received the voicemail I left and assumed I wasn’t interested. I opted to send him an email last weekend saying hello, which is when we discovered technological gremlins had gotten in the way.

We met up for drinks at Midtown watering hole Turtle Bay. More comfortable with each other this time around, we fell quickly into flirting mode, leaning in close as we sat at the bar.

Turtle Bay: my eventful second date with Rich kicked off here

I learned more about Rich, namely that he’s of Aruban descent and knows his stuff when it comes to art and current events. We tested our mutual knowledge of the latter with trivia night at nearby pub Pig ‘N’ Whistle.

It was here that we shared our first kiss of the night. As I told my best friend via text later, major sparks.

After falling from second to third place in the trivia ranks, Rich suggested we move on to our next activity -- karaoke at Mustang Grill on the Upper East Side. I was impressed with his version of the 80’s hit “Here In My Car,” and exhilarated by the chemistry between us.

When we parted, Rich pulled me into his arms for another kiss.

“I feel like I’ve learned a lot about you in a short space of time,” he said.

I felt the same about him. As far as second dates go, it doesn’t get any better than that.

1 comment:

Diana said...

How exciting!!!

And I LOVE Pig 'N Whistle! When I used to eat meat, the turkey and goat cheese wrap was my favorite sandwich in the city!