Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Visit To The Isle Of Enchantment

Greetings from Puerto Rico, where I’m enjoying a visit to my new client, the Wyndham Rio Mar.

An oceanfront resort nestled at the base of El Yunque rainforest, Rio Mar is as charming as I expected it be -- especially the warm and gracious staff. Upon arriving yesterday, I was welcomed with a scrumptious fruit and cheese platter and handwritten note from the resort’s PR coordinator Veronica. As Veronica showed me and my boss around, we got caught in a brief downpour that produced this stunning rainbow.

A surprise rainbow lights up the skies over Rio Mar

Like my first visit to the Isle of Enchantment back in ‘07 (to see Ricky Martin in concert twice), this one will be brief. I’m looking forward to returning again someday and exploring where my beloved grandmother grew up and, yes, maybe even catching another Ricky performance here.

In the meantime, I’m thankful all over again to have a job that offers such great perks. I can’t wait for tomorrow’s pre-departure spa treatment!

No comments: